Staging a home is essential when trying to sell a property. Staging provides the backdrop, so potential homeowners can see how each space can be used and imagine themselves as the new homeowners. It is believed that staging helps a home to sell quickly, reducing the amount of time a home is on the market and potentially resulting in a higher sales price. Below are five home staging trends in 2018 to help you make a quick sale.
1. Key Color Choices – For 2018, cream, white and beige is making a comeback. Keep color palettes neutral to stay on trend.
2. Dramatic Accent Colors – While light neutrals are making a comeback, accents should be a bright pop of color. From deep purple to hot pink use a dramatic color as your accent when staging a home.
3. Mixing Metals – In the past, a home might have one metal type used in décor, be it platinum, gold or silver. Today, you can mix metals, creating a cohesive and modern look.
4. Natural Materials – Another big trend is using natural materials in the décor of the home. From bamboo and cork to reclaimed wood, natural materials can be used in a variety of ways to stage the home.
5. Farmhouse Style – Thank HGTV for the latest trend of Farmhouse Style. Homeowners now want to see shiplap, barn doors and other farmhouse accents in the home.
77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.Source: National Association of Realtors